choose your weapon...

Movies (4) Photos. (47) Poetry (16) Quotations. (76) Words (15) Writings. (137)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

closer (2004)

This movie has some really amazing dialogue.
Natalie Portman as Alice
"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off... but it's better if you do."
"Where is this love? I can't see it, I can't touch it. I can't feel it. I can hear it. I can hear some words, but I can't do anything with your easy words."
"I don't want to lie. I can't tell the truth. So it's over."
Jude Law as Dan meets Alice
Dan: Didn't fancy my sandwiches?
Alice: Don't eat fish.
Dan: Why not?
Alice: Fish piss in the sea.
Dan: So do children.
Alice: Don't eat children either.
Julia Roberts as Anna and Clive Owen as Larry
(they're married and she's just confessed to cheating on him for the last year with Dan)

Anna: Why is the sex so important?
Larry: Because I'm a fucking caveman!
___________________________

Anna: We do everything that people who have sex do!
Larry: Do you enjoy sucking him off?
Anna: Yes!
Larry: You like his cock?
Anna: I love it!
Larry: You like him coming in your face?
Anna: Yes!
Larry: What does it taste like?
Anna: It tastes like you - but sweeter!
Larry: That's the spirit. Thank you. Thank you for your honesty. Now fuck off and die, you fucked up slag.
__________________

Larry: You forget you're dealing with a clinical observer of the human carnival.
Anna: Am I, now?
Larry: Oh, yes.
Anna: You seem more like the cat that got the cream, you can stop licking yourself.

Jude and Clive finally confront one another
Dan: You think love is simple. You think the heart is like a diagram.
Larry: Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood! Go fuck yourself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jude law is so sexy. i dont know what this is about, but i like the actors in it. looks sharp and witty.
uhh this is brandon...

rayray2012 said...

Movies based on plays always have great dialog...great movie too!

if you happen to be a billionaire...