choose your weapon...

Movies (4) Photos. (47) Poetry (16) Quotations. (76) Words (15) Writings. (137)

Friday, August 7, 2009

drugs & pizza

Boston Pizza Penticton was both the stage and meeting place for a whole new group of anarchist druggies that enticed me over to the same kind of life. Perhaps I enticed myself as well, but I couldn’t have done it without them. We would smoke joints outside in the back parking lot and our boss caught us once. He hauled the whole stoner gang into his office all at once and I remember being so nervous… and then laughing my ass off after when all he told us was “If you’re going to be smoking pot, just step off the property so I can’t be charged.” Talk about giving unworthy permissions to be high at work. We pushed the limits by popping ecstasy 30 minutes before close with the supervisors. Sometimes for weeks in a row. The clean up always took half the usual time and was done to perfection, so I suppose even if anyone with veto power had suspected anything, they didn’t care as long as we weren’t dealing with customers and the job was being done. Nothing quite like a team of e-tards working for you behind the scenes. After repeatedly defying the hairnet rule, the manager decided I could wear a baseball cap instead… and so I threw on a black one backwards and relished in my glory. The servers loved me because I wasn’t a bitch to them when I worked the front line and was faster then most. They brought me smoothies made with vodka without telling anyone they were alcoholic. (I was underage). I worked almost everyday trying to pay for my excessive lifestyle and made almost as much money as I could waste. In the end the drugs got the best of me and when Jason (my best friend, co-worker and the only thing keeping me together) told me he was moving back to his hometown... I completely broke down and screamed at him in the middle of my street and slammed the door in his face while he tried to explain. I didn’t leave my house for a few days and when I finally decided to try and go back to work, it wasn’t the same… I couldn’t be there without him and just didn’t show up when I didn’t feel like it. So they fired me, and I moved on.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Was this job immediately after the Dairy Queen one?
It sounds like you had a pretty cool boss. Actually, for a job like that, a lot of people could work really high or drunk, and still do perfectly well. The problem is, there are a lot of other people who can't even do the job sober. So a lot of bosses don't even want to take a chance with high employees.

So are you going to go through all the jobs you've had now? Or just these two? (You can't have had too many. You're still really young. And I don't know if you can even legally work in the Phillipines, so maybe you've been unemployed for a while.)

Benjamin said...

Damn Interesting

if you happen to be a billionaire...