choose your weapon...

Movies (4) Photos. (47) Poetry (16) Quotations. (76) Words (15) Writings. (137)

Sunday, August 2, 2009

STIB #3: above and below

This time, my Song Title Inspired Blog comes from ‘Above and Below’ by The Bravery. For some reason unknown to me at this moment, I immediately thought of the internal struggle to answer the all-impending question of doom. Who am I? Is more of myself shown above the surface, within the things others can see or hear, the things I do, the places I go, the people I meet? I don’t think so. I think that’s just the tip of the iceberg. More of who I am is beyond what the outside world can touch. It is my world. Full of my thoughts, hopes, dreams, secrets, desires and imagination. Every so often, a little bit of the iceberg creeps up above the waterline and is visible to those around me. Sometimes it only stays for a minute, bobbing awkwardly. Sometimes it is slammed down further then where it started, never to creep back up again. But sometimes... the times that matter the most, is when the really good pieces emerge from way down below, and stay above forever. When whatever little bit I choose to show, is finally what the world actually sees.

1 comments:

LupineLooPine said...

"Who am I?" is not such a big problem for me. It's dependent on your environment (how much it demands from you, how quickly it changes, what the views of society are) and time. The you that is the you in private, and the you in public are both one thing that manifests differently. Like a car driving on a slippery road and the same car driving on a gravel path. I don't see it like an iceberg where the you in private is "real" and the one in public as "fake, it's just that your environment in private is different than the one in public, or the internet. All these environments influence us and we in turn influence it in a much smaller way.

if you happen to be a billionaire...