choose your weapon...

Movies (4) Photos. (47) Poetry (16) Quotations. (76) Words (15) Writings. (137)

Thursday, October 8, 2009

and I saw overwhelming things.

On the earth the angels of happiness were struggling with the demons of unhappiness. Standing among them I saw Man, torn apart. Sometimes by hope, sometimes by despair. I saw love and hate playing with the heart of man, love hiding from him his guilt and intoxicating him with the wine of submission, adoration and flattery, while hate incited him to defiance, stopped his ears, and made his eyes blind to the truth.

3 comments:

Rudes said...

May I ask where you got this from? It's definitely not Revelations, that's for sure.

Heather Maria said...

Its from the book called Eye of the Prophet, by a brilliant man named Gibran.

LupineLooPine said...

I don't know how brilliant those lines are. To say love is responsible for gullible self deception and hate for being a rebel, isn't exactly valid. But it is poetic I guess.

if you happen to be a billionaire...