choose your weapon...

Movies (4) Photos. (47) Poetry (16) Quotations. (76) Words (15) Writings. (137)

Saturday, January 9, 2010

there’s always that moment.

When the same trail I’ve walked everyday... drops into oblivion and I step off the ledge. That moment I realize I can’t hear my footsteps anymore, and everything is black. Or maybe white. Who can tell when you’re pit falling into nothingness? Colours are indeterminate, and useless. But look… even now, I’ve conned myself into writing that moment as some sort of ominous threat to familiarity. It’s not. Not really. Would I rather be back on the path, about to continue my daily traipse through the same old bullshit? Or would I rather fall victim to some blind-siding emotional cliff dive? Call me crazy, but life without risk… even if it’s risking all you’ve ever had, or will have again… sounds pretty pathetic to me. So keep your head up, keep your eyes straight ahead, and when that moment comes for you… don't cry because you might miss the constant echo of your feet hitting solid ground... smile because you're free to start again in the air... and find some new ground to walk, or crawl, or smash into later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And keep in mind that when you do step off that ledge, you might just learn to fly.
You'll never learn if you don't take that step.

--Michael
(I'm on a different computer, and for some reason it won't accept my password for my Google account. So I can only use the 'anonymous'.)

Rudez said...

But why must life be so colorful too? I prefer picking and choosing from both the eccentricities of life's drama and the mudanities of its everyday bullshit. We learn from experience?

Christian said...

Yeap, call you crazy... You say, life without risk, yet you want to be indestructible... How ironic is our way of thinking, huh?

Christian said...

And of course I mean our as in us humans. Me included.

if you happen to be a billionaire...