choose your weapon...

Movies (4) Photos. (47) Poetry (16) Quotations. (76) Words (15) Writings. (137)

Monday, February 8, 2010

somnus noctis.

Over the last week or two, I have been dreaming of music. It always starts from beneath my feet. Seeping out from the earth itself… layering into the mountains and trees… or flowing through the ocean and drifting up to meet the clouds. Each one of these dreams left me awake and at peace. Left me discovering a smile on my heart. Left me with the realization that after years of working on myself, and trying to understand my dream reality… that music is anywhere you want it to be. Maybe that is the real reality, not the one that we all get so caught up in. When I’m trapped now, or when the Other sneaks up and tries to manipulate my emotions… I remember a world overflowing with song, and these days, I have been listening more closely to what it’s trying to say to me. From beneath my feet, my musical dreams lift me up to an untouchable plain, where my inner darkness can’t stifle me. Where I am alone but never lonely. I heard a quote once somewhere saying, “music washes away the dust of everyday life”… and I think only now, do I truly understand the meaning.

2 comments:

achigurh said...

i can relate to "a world overflowing with song" and what it's saying to me.
for example when i hear the faint babbling brook-like sound of my toilet running; it says to me, "come, jiggle my handle"

Ben. said...

Beautiful Heather Maria. It is so true, music is everywhere! I love it when I'm open to the music of the moment, be it the drip of the tap or the hum and clatter of the old Furgison tractor down the road.

if you happen to be a billionaire...