choose your weapon...

Movies (4) Photos. (47) Poetry (16) Quotations. (76) Words (15) Writings. (137)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hawkeye: War isn't Hell. War is war, and Hell is Hell. And of the two, war is a lot worse.
Father Mulcahy: How do you figure, Hawkeye?
Hawkeye: Easy, Father. Tell me, who goes to Hell?
Father Mulcahy: Sinners, I believe.
Hawkeye: Exactly. There are no innocent bystanders in Hell. War is chalk full of them - little kids, cripples, old ladies. In fact, except for some of the brass, almost everybody involved is an innocent bystander.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Sounds about right.

Kyle said...

M*A*S*H is one of my all time favorite shows.I love how perfectly accurate that conversation was.

Tom53 said...

Are you sure you are 22. Thats a pretty old show. Maybe you have trouble sleeping. The best old shows are on really late. They seem to make the most sense 30 years later.

Tim said...

Wonderful,

And how I wish I could make people understand the things I've seen, done, felt, etc.

But that quote is pretty accurate, we are all pretty much along for the ride.

MrUSSinFullEffect said...

oh wow. humbling.

if you happen to be a billionaire...